Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summertime... and the livin' is easy.

I'm two weeks into summer and I've already slipped into planning for fall. What is wrong with me?!! My partner teacher and I got the go-ahead to take down our wall and full co-teach which I am very excited about. We already mix the kids up all day long, so this will really be a bonus for us.  The downside was that we had to move to a new building on the last day of school but even that isn't so bad because.... WE ARE GETTING NEW CARPET!!!  Ok, it's just really sad to be that excited about carpet. But we're also getting new paint. We'll have the best room in the school!

So, it's been kind of irresistible to start a little planning... like floor plans and decor and fun stuff like that. We've decided to do black bulletin boards with bright accents. So, I made these matching labels to put on our hand sanitizer:

(adorable frame graphics provided by Ashley Hughes)

Last year we used little plastic fish as our "bathroom buddies" which the kids placed on their desk when using the bathroom. That way we knew where they were and other students knew the bathroom was occupied. However, I quickly became afraid of touching the fish because I'm positive they were totally infested with billions of germs. So this year, we are putting these labels on bottles of hand sanitizer which students will use as bathroom passes. When they return to their desks, they'll just take a squirt before putting the bottle away. Not my original idea, but brilliant nonetheless!

So besides all this planning, my summer has consisted of making over my bathroom. I will post pictures of the results tomorrow. Be sure to come back and look because it's quite stunning, if  I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment